Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Good Read

If you live in Toronto, you know that our city has a lot to offer. But I find that we don't necessarily do the best job of marketing all the great things we have in this city.  There's so much going on, but where do we find the latest news?  Where can we go to learn about new restaurant openings, to find out what events are taking place in the city, or what's new in the fashion scene?

BlogTo - the quintessential guide for all things Torontonian.

I love it because it's a one-stop shop.  It provides all kinds of information about Toronto, and it's right at my finger tips:  events, restaurants, fashion, arts/culture, shopping and the list goes on.  It even has a section for all those contest lovers out there!  Not only are the blog posts informative, but they also provide amazing visuals of Toronto, especially the restaurant review section.  I'm a visual person - if you want to tickle my taste buds, you'll need to show me what I'm missing!  And, I love to eat, so the restaurants section of the site is one that I frequent.  One of the newest blog posts on the site is about
Parcae, the new restaurant that is slated to open in December.  Liora Ipsum takes me with her on her appetizing journey through Parcae.  For a split second, I'm right next to her, tasting the delicious meals she's experiencing. Her pictures do paint a thousand words, but her words express the flavours she is savoring, which is just as powerful. 

Another blog that I love reading is 1000 Awesome Things.  I discovered this blog a couple years ago when I heard the author, Neil Pasricha, speak at a corporate function - I was instantly intrigued.  Neil had started a blog in 2008, writing about all the little things that make life amazing.  It's essentially a daily dose of awesomeness, something we all need in our lives.  Sometimes we forget about all the good things in life, all the things that make us smile.  But Neil reminds us with his quirky posts, his humour and his playful view of the world.  Whether it's about costumes, finding a job or fajitas, his blog posts are always refreshing and real.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment